La Vie en Pente Douce
at mas l’Andreu !
Holiday rentals classified 3 stars / 4 keys tourist furnished accomodation
4 to 6 people
Welcome to Mas l’Andreu !
In the heart of the Eastern Pyrenees, one hour from Perpignan and the Mediterranean Sea, this old farm built around 1756 (and its 13th century dovecote) is hidden in an isolated valley in the middle of nature, not far from the small Catalan village of Corsavy.
This old Catalan farmhouse at the foot of the Canigou mountain gives direct access to the Riuferrer and a waterfall. This unique place will offer you a stay combining authenticity and comfort. Here, you can enjoy the calm and the pure air of this true haven of peace.
The place is perfect to disconnect and rest far from the world’s agitation. You can stay quietly at the estate and let yourself be enchanted by the enchanting serenity of the place: enjoy the 3000 m² of gardens, meditate by the waterfall, feel the quietness of the forest, stroll along the river, climb the hill above the house, do your yoga by the pool before taking a dip, relax in the jacuzzi, swim against the current in the spa, sweat in the sauna and play sports… on the bowling green!
If the weather is not good, a recreation room in an old barn will save your stay: you can play pool, foosball, arcade games, or just have a drink with your friends and family while listening to the jukebox or reading the travel books.
If you wish to visit the surroundings, this vacation rental is ideally located between the sea and the mountains and offers a perfect base for nature activities: hiking or horseback riding in the Canigou massif, mountain biking, canyoning, rafting, via-ferrata, accrobranches park, golf (Falgos, Saint Cyprien, Montescot)…
The beaches of the Vermeille coast are one hour away, the Costa Brava 1h30 away, Barcelona 2h away. For those who enjoy thermal baths, the thermal baths of Amélie les Bains and the thermal cure at Le Boulou are about 20 minutes away from the house.
You can also enjoy many activities in the region: visit Corsavy, a typical Catalan village, Arles sur Tech and its abbey, Prats de Mollo and its fort Lagarde, the thermal baths and cellars of Roussillon in Amélie les Bains, the abbey of Saint Martin du Canigou, Villefranche de Conflent (fort Liberia, yellow train…), Prades, Collioure, the Cathar castles (Quéribus, Peyrepertuse…) etc.
Hello, we are Arnaud and Ninon, we work in the field of health, teaching and research. We like simple and healthy things: nature, culture, literature, music, gastronomy… far from the crowd and the agitation of big cities.
After living (too) long in the Paris area we felt like a quieter life, in the mountains, close to the sea and Spain. At the end of 2018 we fell in love with this old Catalan farmhouse, isolated in a natural setting. We have always appreciated the mountains, nature and old stones, so we could not resist the serenity that emanates from this place. We spent a year and a half restoring it and making it (even) more comfortable.
We are aware that this stone vessel that has crossed 3 centuries of history (even 8 for the oldest parts) was there long before us and will be there long after. So we do our best to continue to preserve and embellish this unique heritage and contribute to making it a place that resembles us. The meetings and exchanges with the travelers we welcome in this magnificent setting are an inexhaustible source of pleasure.
My greatest pleasure? To help you spend the best possible time in the gite I propose.
Mas l’Andreu – gîte Abbé Arnulphe
The Abbé Arnulphe gîte, classified 3 stars, has a bedroom, a living room-kitchen, a bathroom and a terrace. It gives access (free of charge) to all the leisure facilities of the domain (swimming pool, double spa, sauna, bowling alley, ping-pong, game room with billiards etc). It can accommodate up to 4 travelers.
(varied according to the period and the season)
Gîte Wilfred le Velu
The Wilfred le Velu gite, classified 3 stars, has a large bedroom (28 m²), a large living room-kitchen, a bathroom and a terrace. It gives access (free of charge) to all the leisure facilities of the domain (swimming pool, double spa, sauna, bowling alley, ping-pong, game room with billiards etc). It can accommodate up to 4 travelers.
(varied according to the period and the season)
Gîte Guillaume de Gausselme
The Guillaume de Gausselme gite, classified 3 stars, has two large bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room-kitchen, and a balcony-terrace. It gives access (free of charge) to all the leisure facilities of the domain (swimming pool, double spa, sauna, bowling alley, ping-pong, game room with billiards etc). It can accommodate up to 6 travelers.
(varied according to the period and the season)
endroit propice à la détente (spa , picine entre les montagne ), au sport (randonnées) au voyage entre mer montagne et Espagne, paysage juste magnifique venez y respirer un air pur et vous détendre loin du stress quotidien.
refrigerator, freezer, hob, oven, microwave oven, dining table, coffee maker, kettle, toaster, blender…
satellite, ADSL equivalent + provision of an office next to the box in case of school / professional needs
Baby equipment available on request
cot, high chair, baby bath, changing table, bottle warmer
American and English billiards, table football, darts, arcade terminals
Swimming Pool (12m x 6m)
With roller shutter and access protected by a barrier
access protected by a barrier
Hot tub and swim spa
access protected by barrier and cover
Barbecue / plancha + utensils
petanque, molkky, kubb, ping pong, bodybuilding / boxing area
Do you have a question?
To talk to your host
- El Cortal : El cortal de l’aloy, 66150 Corsavy, 04 68 39 31 57. Closed on Mondays. Reservation recommended. Simple and efficient cuisine. The place is rustic, the atmosphere friendly and the budget economical.
- Chez Françoise : Rue Baptiste Pams, 66150 Corsavy, 04 68 39 12 04 Service at noon only. Closed on Wednesday. Chez Francoise is an institution, a small grocery store that exhibits local wines, fresh products, soaps and sponges, a restaurant (rooms and terraces) that delights with its simple and pantagruelian menus. You feel at home, a warm welcome, a family atmosphere, traditional dishes prepared with fresh local products. You feel so good that you have to book in the middle of the season to be sure to sit down.
- Le Cortsavi : pla de la serre, Rte de Batere, 66150 Corsavy, 04 34 29 19 91. June and July only + weekends from mid May to end of June, and from beginning of September to mid October. Share good moments with your family and come to taste pizzas (homemade dough), salads, burgers, fresh drinks, smoothies, fries, ice creams… Bread and pastries can be ordered every day in July, the day before for the next day, for a delicious breakfast. Reservation recommended.
- Le Refuge de Batère : Lieu Dit les Mines de Batère 66150 CORSAVY, 06.88.04.41.69, Open on weekends in May and from May 24 to October 15, located at 1 470 m altitude, on the mythical Canigo massif, classified as a Grand Site de France, it is an old building of the Batere mines rehabilitated as a gite and inn. Stage on the GR 10, the HRP, the Tour du Canigo and the Tour du Haut Vallespir, it offers a breathtaking view on the reliefs of the Haut Vallespir and the south Catalonia, you can also see the Mediterranean. Accessible by car, come and enjoy the home-made cooking.
- Les Caves Mouragues : Place Availl 66150, Arles-sur-Tech, 04 68 54 97 72. Simple and efficient cooking, the pizzas are delicious, the atmosphere friendly. Good value for money.
- Snack Burger chez Sergio : 35 Baills Jean Vilar 66150 Arles sur Tech. 06.99.25.66.16. Open Monday to Saturday: 12:00-13:30, 18:00-21:00. Good to help out if you arrive late and have no plans for dinner.
- Snack bar le kiosque : 35 Baills Jean Vilar 66150 Arles sur Tech. 07.45.62.34.37
Le Point d’Art : 8 rue de l’Eglise 66110 Montbolo. 04.68.68.76.85. Service only at lunchtime. Closed on Mondays. Friendly welcome and excellent local cuisine.
- Le Court Bouillon : D115, 66400 Reynes, 07 83 55 84 82. French cuisine, wide range of dishes and drinks. A very good address.
- Al Catala : 15 Av. Georges Clemenceau, 66400 Céret, 04 68 87 07 91. In the heart of Céret, the restaurant Al Catala offers a gourmet Mediterranean cuisine, with the flavors and scents of the south. A very good table.
- Chez Fleur – L’Hostal de Cabrenç : 1 rue Abdon Poggi 66230 Serralongue, 09.66.83.59.74 / 06.87.69.46.11
- Bella Vista : Pl. du Foirail, 66230 Prats-de-Mollo-la-Preste, 04 68 39 72 48. Restaurant of the hotel Bellevue. Closed on Tuesday and Wednesday. Reservations are recommended. The chef Denis Visellach, offers a tasty and elaborate cuisine, which varies under the influence of the seasons. Excellent value for money.
- The golf restaurant: Golf Resort & Spa, Le, Dom. de Falgos, 66260 Saint-Laurent-de-Cerdans, 04 68 39 51 42. Located in the Falgos golf course, open every evening from Tuesday to Saturday by reservation (02 97 56 88 88) from 7:15 pm to 8:30 pm (9 pm on Saturday). Traditional cuisine by Chef Jérôme, creative with a sprinkling of spices. Fresh and local products, aromatic herbs from the garden, the guarantee of the origin of the ingredients make the dishes exquisite.
- Hostal dels Trabucayres : Le Village, 66480 Maureillas-Las-Illas, 04 68 66 55 38 Located on the border with Spain on the famous GR 10 trail from Hendaye to Banyuls-sur-Mer, this inn-restaurant offers a generous cuisine, entirely homemade from fresh and local products, open from April to September + October to December by appointment.
Cultural activities - a booklet with detailed information will be provided if you stay at the Andreu
- Visit of the Catalan villages: Corsavy, Arles sur Tech, Montferrer, Serralongue, Saint Laurent de Cerdans, Prats de Mollo, Amélie les Bains, Eus, Prades, Castelnou, Collioure, etc.
- Yellow train
- Churches, abbeys, priories and hermitages throughout the region
- Castles: Cathar castles (Quéribus, Peyrepertuse)
- Local crafts
- Museums / exhibitions
- Festivals : Céret’s féria, Rodella’s procession
Where to shop?
- Grocery Chez Françoise : Rue Baptiste Pams, 66150 Corsavy, 04 68 39 12 04. Delicious local products not far from the house. Bread depot.
- Spar : 17 Boulevard de La Mairie 66150 Arles sur Tech 04 68 39 25 34 Monday to Saturday 7:30am-12:30pm, 3pm-7:30pm. Sunday : 7h30-12h30
- ALDI : Ville Nouvelle, 66110 Amélie les Bains-Palalda. 01 81 09 78 25. Monday to Saturday: 8:30am-8pm, Sunday: 8:30am-12:30pm.
- Intermarché : 3 Rue de Batere, 66400 Ceret 04 68 87 07 13 Monday to Saturday 9am-7:30pm. Sunday: 9am-12:30pm. Very well-stocked cheese section 🙂
- Boulangerie Alric et Fils : Boulevard du Riuferrer 66150 Arles sur Tech 04 68 39 07 04
- Fournil La Mie Bio : 4 rue des trois frères Pams 66150 Arles sur Tech 06.37.80.59.37 / 07.63.48.62.60
- Butchery of the Place : 3 VC la Plaça 66150 Arles sur Tech. .4 68 39 31 33. Tuesday to Sunday: 6am-12:30pm, 3:30pm-7pm. Excellent products and friendly service.
- La chocolaterie crue de Florence Losa : 12 Baills Jean Vilar, 66150 Arles-sur-Tech, 07 83 15 93 18. On-site sales on Wednesday 3:30-7pm, Saturday 3:30-7pm, Sunday 10am-12:30pm. Welcome by appointment on Monday and Tuesday. On the market of Céret on Saturday morning. Manufacture of artisanal chocolates based on unroasted cocoa, worked at low temperature. By adding only organic and local ingredients, Florence Losa makes her creations without adding refined sugar: 97% dark chocolate, chocolates filled with almonds, hemp seeds, pecan or cashew nuts, honey or flavored with violet and elder flowers, pears, figs, lemons, oranges, cherries, apricots, raspberries, blackberries etc. Florence Losa has received numerous awards.
- Patisserie Touron : Placette Availl 66150 Arles sur Tech 04 68 39 10 47. Tuesday to Sunday, 7:30 a.m. to noon and 4 to 7 p.m. Specialty: the Rousquille, a small white cake, melting and lemon scented, whose secret the Touron Pastry Shop has kept for generations. Pastries, almond paste, pine nuts, macaroons, nougats and chocolates … wake up your greed.
- Ma Coop’ : 21 Avenue de la Gare, 66400 Céret. 04 68 87 00 50 Monday to Saturday 9am-1pm, 3pm-7pm. Sunday: 9am-12:30pm Organic food products.
- La Vie Claire : 1 Rue de Batère, 66400 Céret 09 50 60 53 36 Monday : 14h30-19h, Tuesday to Saturday : 9h-12h30, 14h30-19h. Organic food, wellness and beauty products offered by a national chain.
- Caves du Roussillon : 10 rue des Thermes 66110 Amélie les Bains. Tastings of Roussillon wines: Banyuls, Collioure, Rivesaltes. Thursday mornings the tasting is done in the company of a wine grower. May-August 9am-7:30pm. Sunday and holidays 9am-12:30pm. Rest of the year 9am-7pm.
Other leisure activities
- Thermal Spa of Amélie les Bains : Tel : 04 68 87 94 55. Open from Monday to Saturday from January to December
- Thermal Spa of la Preste les Bains : Tel : 04 68 87 88 60 Open from Monday to Saturday from March to November
- Thermes du Boulou : 04 68 87 52 00, D900, 66160 Le Boulou.
- Casino Amélie les Bains : 4 Av. du Dr Bouix, 66110 Amélie-les-Bains-Palalda. 04 68 34 04 02.
- Casino JOA du Boulou : Rte du Perthus, 66160 Le Boulou, 04 68 83 01 20.
Outdoor activities - a booklet with detailed information will be provided if you stay at the Andreu
- hiking / walking tours
- horseback riding
- MOUNTAIN BIKING
- Rafting / canyoning / via ferrata
- accrobranches park
- golf (Falgos, Saint Cyprien, Montescot)
- minigolf (Arles sur Tech : le Bahia)
beaches : vermilion coast, Costa Brava
- Arles-sur-Tech — 04 68 39 11 99 Baills de la Mairie, 66150 Arles sur Tech http://www.tourisme-haut-vallespir.com/
- Amélie les Bains Palalda — 04 68 39 01 98 66110 Amélie les Bains-Palalda https://www.amelie-les-bains.com/
- Prats de Mollo — 04 68 39 70 83 Place le Foiral, 66230 Prats de Mollo la Preste https://www.pratsdemollolapreste.com/
- Saint-Laurent de Cerdans — 04 68 39 55 75 Rue Joseph Nivet 66260 Saint-Laurent de Cerdans http://www.ville-saint-laurent-de-cerdans.fr/
Endroit idéal pour s’isoler et profiter de la beauté du paysage jusqu’au plaisir de se poser au bord de la chute d’eau. Tout les équipements nécessaires sont présents et de qualité. Nombreuses informations transmises. Aucune hésitation à avoir 👍.
Merci à eux
Excellent endroit pour s’évader en montagne ! La qualité des aménagements et la sympathie d’Arnaud en font un lieu idéal pour prendre du repos bien mérité 🙂
Nous avons passé un bon week-end à Corsavy! Notre arrivée s’est bien passée, nous avons plus été accueillis par Ninon qui est très sympathique.
Le domaine sur lequel le gite est situé est vraiment super, le cadre est très joli et l’accès à la cascade fait tout son charme.
Nous avons passé un excellent weekend chez Arnaud, le logement est très bien équipé, la literie est bonne. Les extérieurs sont exceptionnels, verdoyant, la cascade est magnifique. Nous reviendrons avec plaisir